Saturday, February 2, 2019

Week Four ~ Creek or River

Two posts coming at you tonight!  I need to get caught up and do better.  So for week four I'm going for the Creek or River category, and giving you both!  I find myself often drawn to water, looking back on all my photo adventures from the last three years there is at least one picture of water, be it creek, river, ocean, bay, puddle, lake in all of them.



 First up, we have a creek that wound through Zion National Park.  I'm told this creek is actually a river, but only once the snow melts.  It actually was not terribly cold on my visit, but there was snow a top the peaks and more to come for the year.


This part of the creek ran a bit faster and I could definitely see in the brush where it could be a river as the volume of water increased.



















 These photos are a creek that wound through Muir woods.  I could have spent days wandering these woods.  Even in January it was pleasantly warm and the damp didn't bother me.  I stopped many times just to watch the reflections in the water.


Growing up beside the ocean and between a number of rivers I don't often get to watch water this calm.  It was mesmerizing.  I only wished I could have gotten closer, but in this park you must remain on the marked paths, so alas I had to admire from afar.












And lastly, we visit the Chowan River where it meets the Albemarle Sound.  I spent a lot of time on this sound and river in my childhood, visiting family friends.  It's not a fast moving river, at least not around Edenton, NC.  This particular day was very windy, so the water was not at all still.

No comments:

Post a Comment