Monday, February 11, 2019

Week Six ~ Someplace Abandoned

This week was hard for me to photograph.  I had it on the list early and kept moving it later and later because stopping to really look at abandoned places makes me sad and I don't like feeling melancholy.  Last Friday in a fit of restlessness I ran away for a while.  Jumped in my car, headed down US 158 to Highway 12, my heart leading me to places I love and find peace.  As I drove I passed a spot I once used play and has been abandoned for many, many years.  Imagine my surprise to find it still standing-ish.  So I stopped to grab some photographs.



 Waterfall Park was once a very small amusement park that straddled highway 12 near Rodanthe and Waves.  There were a couple water slides, bumper boats, go-karts and bungee jumping.  I never participated in the bungee jumping but I remember what a big deal it was when the tower went in.













I mean how crazy does a person have to be to climb up a tower and jump off with a bungee chord!  Clearly I am not an adrenaline junkie and don't have the part of the brain that says this looks like fun. 





The go-Karts sat on the opposite side of the highway from the water slide and bumper-boats.  



No comments:

Post a Comment